Hello. I'm Pete Friedhoff. This site is a small side project I've started using a Rust SSG framework to post my ramblings on propulsion, smallsats, and whatever else seems interesting.
Over the course of my 14 year space industry career I've leaned pretty heavily towards propulsion systems, but my interests are a hybrid of propulsion systems, technical program management, and light software/scripting.
I particularly enjoy flying new technology in space, and have been able to do so with ECAPS' ADN-based LMP-103S monopropellant and Enpulsion's indium FEEP propulsion system technology demonstration.
Work Stuff I'm Good At
A non-exhaustive list of work related skills I'm good at and enjoy doing:
- Scientific computing and data processing with the Python programming language (numpy, pandas, matplotlib, jupyter, etc)
- Automated reporting with LaTex & templating engines
Work Stuff I'm Learning
Short list of topics I find interesting and am learning more in my free time:
- Web development with Django and PostgreSQL
- Low-level systems programming with the Rust programming language
Professional publications I've led or contributed to (titles are links using the excellent Sci-Hub):
- "On-Orbit Operation and Performance of Ammonium Dinitramide (ADN) Based High Performance Green Propulsion (HPGP) Systems", Peter Friedhoff, Alisa Hawkins, John Carrico, Jonathan Dyer, Kjell Anflo, 2017 Joint Propulsion Conference. July 2017
- "On-Orbit Commissioning of High Performance Green Propulsion (HPGP) in the SkySat Constellation", Aaron Dinardi, Kjell Anflo, Peter Friedhoff. SmallSat 2017
- "Growing Constellation of Ammonium Dinitramide (ADN) Based High Performance Green Propulsion (HPGP) Systems", Peter Friedhoff, Kjell Anflo, Peter Thormahlen, Mathias Persson. 2018 Joint Propulsion Conference. July 2018
- "Demonstration of the IFM Nano FEEP Thruster in Low Earth Orbit", David Krejci, Alexander Reissner, Bernhard Seifert, David Jelem, Thomas Hörbe, Florin Plesescu, Peter Friedhoff, Steve Lai. 4S Symposium 2018
- "Flight Heritage of Ammonium Dinitramide (ADN) Based High Performance Green Propulsion (HPGP) Systems", Mathias Persson, Kjell Anflo, Peter Friedhoff. Propellants, Explosives, Pyrotechnics September 2019
My Google Scholar profile is here
I'm currently consulting in the space propulsion systems & program management fields through my company OP Space